Re: [at-l] To filter or not to filter..

It would be very unusual for him to get hepatitis from untreated water.
There are many easier ways, including poor toileting habits, exposure to
other hepatitis carriers, sexual activity, and other vectors.

The decision to filter would not have prevented hepatitis assuming this
came from water. Only boiling or iodination would have eliminated virus
particles. I do not discourage water treatment, and personally pack a PUR
Hiker and Polar Pure, with a current plan to go to the Safewater Anywhere
inline filter. My point is that water treatment is only part (and probably
a small part) of hygiene to avoid infectious disease while hiking. It is
important to have the discipline of hygiene, as it also affects those
around you - which is why sanitation is part of public health.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA