Re: [at-l] Pack covers

on 6/28/00 9:36 PM, David F. Addleton at dfaddleton@mindspring.com wrote:

> how about the spray to "waterproof" a pack ... the spray that goes on boots
> and fabric and maps ... can't you just spray it on once every two weeks or so?
> More or less?? and forget getting the pack wet?

I suppose you could if you kept bouncing the spray can forward in a bounce
box, but I would not carry the can of spray for 6 months to avoid carrying
the pack cover :).

I think that the waterproofness of your pack is also directly related to
it's design. I know that the zippers on my Gregory actually "wick" water
into the compartments.

-p