Re: [at-l] Introduction/Mystery Ranch Packs

<<...has anyone seen or used one of the new Mystery Ranch packs?  I was at my local outfitters the other day when I stumbled across them and took a look - wow.  I must say I was impressed, but then I got sticker shock too.  Tres chere.  If you haven't seen 'em, the basic idea is that the frame is a perfect fit to your body -you buy it seperately.  Then you buy any one of their coolio "packbags" togo on it - I think they have six different ones - and they all fit theframe.  It's like a mix-and-match pack system.  Seems valuable if you do different kinds of hiking but still want a good frame fit.>>

I think I saw this a couple weeks ago at Walasi-Yi (Orange bug,is this the brand we saw?). If so, it did look like a neat system and well manufactured. Because the frame is meant to carry many different volume "packbags", it seemed to be a bit heavy for a light(less than 25 lb)load. And it was WAY out of my price range. I'll stick with cheap and light, thank you very much.

POG
(I'm going hiking this weekend and I'm taking my pillow!)