[at-l] Introduction/Mystery Ranch Packs

Hey all...

Teresa's post reminded me that I haven't properly introduced myself either.
My name is Janel and I'm a computer geek by day, adventure seeker by night,
weekend, etc...  I've done a bunch of scattered hiking, and a bit of AT
hiking, but I haven't thru-hiked it yet... waiting to save up some cash and
convince my S.O. that it would be fun to cut our income in half, spend six
months apart, and generally entrust our communication process to the U.S.
Postal Service.  (Thru-hiking together is NOT an option, unfortunately.)  :)

So I have a question for all of you trail dawgs...  has anyone seen or used
one of the new Mystery Ranch packs?  I was at my local outfitters the other
day when I stumbled across them and took a look - wow.  I must say I was
impressed, but then I got sticker shock too.  Tres chere.  If you haven't
seen 'em, the basic idea is that the frame is a perfect fit to your body -
you buy it seperately.  Then you buy any one of their coolio "packbags" to
go on it - I think they have six different ones - and they all fit the
frame.  It's like a mix-and-match pack system.  Seems valuable if you do
different kinds of hiking but still want a good frame fit.  Now if they come
out with a kid carrier that fits it too, I'll be really impressed.  But I'm
interested to hear if any of you have one and what your opinion is.  The
website is http://www.mysteryranch.com.

Janel