[at-l] Re: Concluding thoughts

BINGO! Exactly the point! Plus you are experienced enough (in several ways)
to understand what a "well chosen" water source should be.

I any case, the hike and all of its activities are a string of risks that
we take. A thunderhead may be 10 miles away and strike us down as a wander
along a ridge, wondering where the thunder is coming from. That is one
reason I have considered taking Lee Trevino's advice, and trade my Leki's
for a pair of 1 irons. (The punchline, not even God can hit a 1 iron).

Water sanitation, toilet habits, stove choices, clothing choices and other
decisions are all based on our desire to enjoy out sport, take chances, but
avoid foolish chances. As we learn our sport more, or as we become cavalier
in our attitudes, we all tend to relax some of these decisions.

But it is absolutely required to bring Gatorade (T) for each and every sip
you take while in Georgia. Hike your own hike with the refreshing sweat
taste of Gatorade(T), every chance you get!

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA

BTW, I saw in our paper Saturday that Gatorade has a large distribution
center in Atlanta near the Chattahoochee, south of the sewage treatment
plant. Quaker Oats is moving across the street. We will have even more
opportunities for great hiking food and pathogen exposures. Yum!