Re: Trail kids' meals was RE: [at-l] Gear List- food

You might want to think about some dried apples to feed the ponies.*  Worked great when I took my then 11-year-old son to Grayson Highlands.  It was only an overnighter, but he was very happy climbing the rocks!
*I have LOTS of horse experience.  If you're a bit horse
shy, skip the dried apples.  You end up with a whole pack of them around you and it can be intimidating.

Joan