[at-l] Re: TRIP REPORT #7 - WEEK #3, con`t.

Hello everybody.  'Hope you all had a great weekend!  Another trip report
from the CocoaMiss in Mexico.....

TMU

<<  OAXACA, MEXICO

 Oaxaca has been an extra ordinary experience for me. Every morning
 we`ve piled into SUV´s and headed out to remote villages to find
 traditional craftworkers in their homes. We`ve visited communities
 that specialize in wool rugs, wooden animals, pottery, cotton
 textiles. I keep muttering my mantra `I`m not going to buy anything
 more, I`m not going to buy anything more...` but I`m failing
 miserably. (I won`t mention that I had to enlist the services
 of DHL one day...)

 When we made an unplanned stop in a small town to roam through
 the weekly market, I had a chance to use the public privy. I
 rolled up my pants legs and stood in line in the muck after paying
 .10 for the privilege. When the right shower curtain opened,
 I grabbed myself a bucket of water and waded in, spilling half
 of it on my feet. Great, highER water. When I finished, I `flushed`
 the porcelain fixture with the rest of the bucket and exited.
 The man who was waiting in line, TP at the ready, was completely
 unhappy with my technique and made me go back in with another
 bucket of water. I couldn`t resist pouring it all over the rim...Then
 I moved on to the wash bucket *and* used all the antibacterial
 wipes my squeamish friend shoved at me.

 Back in Oaxaca, I was ordering lunch when I had that familiar
 feeling of falling down an elevator shaft. The chair had collapsed,
 folding me in half and dumping me backwards. Somehow Steve managed
 to wrap his arm around me and follow me to the floor. So there
 I was, in a gynecological position, man on top of me, everyone
 staring, in a nice restaurant. What do you say? `Please, I`m
 not that kind` came to mind. Instead, for the second time in
 less than a week, I found myself saying, ´I´m okay. Let me go.
 I can walk.` Definately outdid Datto`s performance at The Gathering.

 Tomorrow we anticipate a bumpy eight-hour bus ride from the mountains
 to the Pacific. It`s possible that muck or landslides from Hurricane
 Carlotta may prevent our passage. It should be an adventure in
 either case.

 Give Me Chocolate
 patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu