[at-l] Monty Python

It has been far too long since we've referenced Monty Python. Here are a
few things to notice neckst thyme you're watching "The Holy Grail":

1. All main charactors wore gaiters/polypropolene long johns.
2. Patsy had an external frame Kelty Tioga without lashing
straps.
3. The rabbit character was based on a shelter mouse in
Overmountain Shelter, I believe.
4. 2 of the girls in the Castle Anthrax hiked with me near Tyro, VA.
(Helga and Inga Swenson)
5. The Holy Grail was actually manufactured by MSR. (Rumored to be
Titanium)
6. Several folks at the wedding had umbrellas.
7. The Bridge of Death was similar in construction to the
bridge over Kimberling Creek. (Just a lot older)
8. The Knights Who Say Ni were loosely based on locals in the
DMZ.
9. The Old Man from Scene 34... Wingfoot.
10. The plague in the Plague Village was because of a bad PUR
filter.
11. The Black Knight had a Eureka One Man Bivy. (He also used
ducttape to tape his arms and legs back on. Is there anything it can't
do?)

(This was stolen from a post from 5/8/97 with my permission)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98