Re: [at-l] Gear List

In a message dated 6/25/00 8:32:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
AThiker@smithville.net writes:

>  1 pr Komperdell hiking poles
>
>  Do you like these? I've seen them advertised in Sierra TP and wonder if
they'
> re
>  any good?

So far so good. Been up a mountain and back down again and I put a lot of
weight on them.  It's the "Redfeather" model. Real good price--about 45 bucks.

>  >
>  > 2 pairs wool socks
>  > 2 pairs liner socks
>  > 2 pairs nylon boxers
>
>  I'd leave one pair of boxers. I'd leave one pair of liners and one pair of
> wool.
>  Is this what you are carrying, or carry one pair, wear one pair? I'd go
with
> one
>  pair of wool socks and then a pair of lighter 'thorlo' type sox.

This is wear one/tote one.  The thing about doing this is you get to go
without bathing and go without wearing ckean clothes.  However, you quickly
learn that the pleasure is short lived.

>  >
>  > 2 pairs nylon hiking shorts
>  > 2 nylon t-shirts
>  > 1 Coolmax long sleeve t-shirt
>
>  Only need one pair of hiking shorts and should need only one t-shirt.
>
>  > GI can opener
>
>  Will you have any cans?

I might find one on the trail.

>  > Pur Hiker Filter
>  > Polar Pur Treatment
>  > 2 liter Platypus
>  > 2 1 liter water bottles
>
>  Why the filter and polar pure? You could probably drop one of the water
> bottles,
>  too.

Yes on one of the bottles.  Could filter often.

Joel
       ()
       /\
      /  \