[at-l] Phenol red

I have a little bottle that comes in a pool-tester kit (swimmin', not
gene) There is one that would be perfect for carryin' bleach for water
purification purposes. It has a nice dropper and a tightly-sealing cap.
My question, for those of you who would know something like this, is: Is
there something in 'phenol red' that may kill me if a drop of it and a
drop of bleach and a liter of water meet at the same thyme? I'm thinking
there would be nothing better for 'sterilizing' it than bleach.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98