[at-l] Hikers spotted, weekend hike

Yo,

	Well almost a weekend hike. Family obligations left me with a sleep in
the woods hike and the next day weekend. I left me truck at 43
Bearwallow Gap and Woodelf dropped me at 220 Daleville. I thought of
hiking the 5 miles to Fulhardt Knob for the night, hoping it would be
cooler or windier there. But since it was already 5:30 I bought a 24 oz
beer and walked in the woods near Tinker creek and set up camp.
	Monday morning I packed up at 5:30 am walked the 1/2 mile to the store
and had donuts and coffee. By 6: I was on the hot , humid trail. The
thru hikers at Fulhardt Knob were having breakfast when I got there. I
do not remember names there, only that one thru hiker was from Roanoke.
I had a bite to eat and moved on to Wilson Creek Shelter for a big meal
of veggies, beef and stove top stuffing. Last time I was here I helped
dig the new privy :-)
	Tarzan showed up after a while with a brother and a friend that hiked
with him for 4 days. Sherpa arrived a bit after that. Sherpa and his
wife hiked up to Damascas, his wife's knees gave out so now she is slack
packing him. Today he started a few miles after I did, but will go 7
miles further.
	I hiked with Sherpa to Boblets Gap Shelter. I enjoyed the conversation
with him and his lively pace too! On the Parkway we met Ken and his wife
from Burlington VT. Ken is section hiking the AT north to south. They
have met The Old Ridge Runner.
	At Boblets Gap I stopped for a quart of koolaid and talked to Just Bob
who was staying there for the night. Tarzan and company arrived about
the time I was leaving.
	At the car I had a note from Lady Kat thanking me for the jugs of water
I left out. I drove back and carried 24 Lemon Drop sodas into Boblets
Gap Shelter spring. On the way home I spied one loan hiker and gave him
a soda too!
	I need 47 more miles this month to meet my mid year 500 mile goal :-).
I will probably head up to the Big Blue trail soon. All the extra travel
time will kill my 1000 mile per year goal but hey it is new trail to be
walked and somebody has got to do it. besides who sets realistic goals
anyway? Oh yea I saw register entries for Baltimore Jack and from Lone
Wolf too.

chase