Re: [at-l] Lyme Disease

The good news is that you learned you have Lyme disease. You are catching
it fairly early. I suspect your doc is telling you that your antibody
titers are "borderline" positive, with the treatment designed to reduce
risk of chronic infection. The toughest part is remembering to take the
blasted medicine 4 times a day, and I wish you luck on that task.

In general your planned trip may not be that difficult. The problem I
suspect is waiting for the lab to return and your deadline coming close to
that time. Get plenty of rest and maybe consider postponing the trip
another week.

How long was the tick attached, if you know? The current wisdom suggests
removal within 24 hours is the best preventative measure available, even
with the vaccine currently offered. Where were you exposed to the tick?

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA