Re: [at-l] lightning strikes

I heard a radio report of an AT hiker being struck by lightening on Sunday June 11.  This was north of Kent, CT.  The report said the hiker was a 56 year old male,and was in fair condition. It did not give further details and I was unable to find any follow up.  I was curious because I had met a couple backpacking of that approximate age earlier that afternoon on about the same section of trail. The man had an external frame, I have no idea if this would be more likely to attract lightening or not, but made me wonder.  There was a tremendous T-storm with high winds blew through shortly after I had passed them. Downed trees closed off RT 7 north of Cornwall Bridge.  I was hiking the Schaghticoke Mt section this past weekend and there are numerous blowdowns, that were the result of this same storm.
   Hope this helps,   Tina