Re: [at-l] Going to Baxter?

In a message dated 06/19/2000 9:56:22 AM EDT, milt@backcountry.net writes:

<< Hello there. I am headed up to Baxter St. Park Tuesday June 20 and would
like to hike Southbound through the hundred-mile wilderness.  Problem is, I
am solo and I only have one car.  Will anyone be headed up this way with the
same idea so that we could leave a car at each end, OR if you have any
suggestiuons of how I could pull this off without finding someone else,
PLEASE let me know.  I'm from NC, so I have no idea if there are shuttles or
anything in the area.

Shaw's Boarding Home in Monson, ME is on the southend of the Hundred-mile
Wilderness. Most thru-hikers stay there. It is the last town going north to
resupply. He does shuttles.

Keith has been taking care of hikers for years.

Keith Shaw
Pleasant
Monson, ME 04464
Phone: 207-997-3597
From Katadin (Baxter Peak) it is 117.8 to Monson, ME, +2 mile side trail.

At Big Wilson Creek, don't cross where the trail comes down. Go down stream a
little ways (about 20 feet) it isn't as deep. It is after crossing the
railroad tracks and going down to the creek.

Enjoy your hike.

Wildbill
GA to ME 1989
GA to ME to GA 1992-3