[at-l] Anecdotes: Hydration / Water systems

FWIW, I have used a Platypus system for 3 years, no leaks, no cracks,
problems.  I typically carry "too much" water (3-4 liters);  just my
preference, I often share with others, and the weight goes down as I hike.
I like that the Platypus collapses to nothing as it empties.  The only
change that I have made was to replace the mouthpiece with the big Camelbak
mouthpiece - much better flow and no leaks in the dependent position.  The
manufacturer did improve the 90 degree tube to bladder connection a couple
or so years ago and this newer design provides a great seal.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned my favorite "bottle" (although
unlike the bladder systems they do not collapse down) for water (or other
fluids) - the 500cc and 1000cc bottles for sterile (medical) water.  I get
them from the ER, they are absolutely bombproof.  The top is similar to a
Nalgene top, so is solid and secure.  You can't rupture these things in even
supranormal use.  Much better, in my opinion, than a pop bottle.  If you
don't have a medical connection, you can get essentially the same thing
surrounding Pedialyte(R) hydration solution at your local pharmacy or
Target, Wal-Mart, etc., but it can be pricey.

Maybe we should start a water v. Pedialyte thread....No, maybe not.

Steve