Re: [at-l] VT

In a message dated 6/16/2000 2:35:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdsawyer@maine.rr.com writes:

>  OK, Vermonters (hey bleeder guy ... you out there???) read up -- I need
> some info:
>
>  So, I've never hiked in VT but I'm taking next Friday off and heading up
> there for a long weekend.  If I can talk The Man and The Dog (seperate
beings,
>  believe it or not) into an overnighter, that's what we'll do, otherwise
I'm
> looking for a good challenging day hike (preferrably a 4K-er).  Now, if we
do
> the overnighter, we're only going to have one car, so I'll need either
> shuttle info or just a loop hike.
>
>  Any recommendations?  Thanks bunches

!Hi Pooh

How far north in VT do you want to go. There are 5 4K Mts in VT. All 5 along
the Long Trail but only Killington is near the Appalachian Trail. If you hike
the Monroe Skyline between Lincoln Gap and App Gap (12 miles+/-) you would
get two of the five. The car spot wouldn't be bad or you could hike in
opposite direction and camp together on the ridge. Belvidere Mt farther north
has a good loop hike that is a long day hike or a short overnighter. Of
course Mansfield offers tons of options for both day and overnight but alos
tons of people and Butler Shelter is closed this year for repairs.

If anything sounds interesting email me

The Old RidgeRunner