Re: [at-l] My Gear Part 2

--- kahley7 <kahley7@ptd.net> wrote:
> I'm a big fan of empty soda bottles rather
> than nalgene cause they are so light..and FREE!!! with the purchase of
> a soda.  I know that some people don't trust them but I have the
> highest confidence in Canada Dry empties.  In fact, I'll offer a
> five dollar reward for any one that fails in normal hiker use
> (just kidding) but they are the best! If you carry a lot of water, you
> could save some weight here.

### BTW, My original '79AT OJ jug, with roughly 1200 AT miles and another 300
since) sprung a leak whilst doing Georgia in '93. Repaired it at home by
melting some milk jug plastic onto the leak as a patch. It's gone at *least*
100 miles since then, and still in use. Yes, I tend to go easy on my gear,
but that's a "Wow" kind of statement. 21 years and 1500 miles. And I got cold
OJ with the purchase.

Yours in cheapness and lite,

=====
Sloetoe

   "I strive to be the man my children think I am."