[at-l] GSMNP Proposed Itenerary redux

Paddler has a good attitude -- we don't have to carry stuff for the every
hiker we'll meet on the Trail.  I don't expect to break a leg (could happen)
because I don't go "showboating" (those who know me, get back in your
computer chair, falling out while laughing at work might bring your boss
n)  -- I take that risk, and you all know my adage "Take No Unnecessary
Risks and There are No Necessary Risks" about says it all.

I don't think it's selfish or anti-social any more than I think it would be
in the "real world" not to have a wholesale supply warehouse in your
backyard just in case your friends needed something when they came to visit.

IF a hiker gets in trouble, the community is there for them, but for a hiker
to EXPECT someone else to carry spare equipment or first aid supplies???
Must be a "touron" (oooh, put down) and we kindly Educate them in LNT and
why you can't drink directly from the streams and that there IS NO
restaurant at the top of Blood Mountain or even a Water Fountain (but the
map here says "water"!)  and any other wisdom the other person needs.  And
we totally discourage their using the cellphone to call in a helicopter to
fly them out just because they are A-too tired to walk all the way back,
B-have an appointment in Atlanta at 5 and it's 3 now, etc. (Now if they want
to call the pizza-delivery place, we'll talk about it.  lol)  (kidding,
kidding)

Coosa
yes it is sprinking in No Ga

I did NOT expect to be the drug store
for my hiking friends
Call it selfish and anti-societal,
but I was alone in the woods in my mind and was quite happy with the stock I
carried and my abilities to get out of the woods to a more equipped facility
if necessary.

There are risks in this sport. What you choose to carry is in direct
proportion to how much risk you are willing to take.

Paddler
AT Class of 1999 GA>ME