Re: [at-l] Solo tent opinions wanted

That is my experience also. While the Nomad is not freestanding, once it is
set up and the Leki's in place, it can be rotated as wind changes by
removing the vestibule pole and one end stake, then simply dragging it to
the desired position (moving the Tyvek ground cloth to avoid abrasion). Put
the stake in after stretching it out, implant the vestibule stake, and
crawl back in for a noisy night. I've even tied the vestibule to my
sleeping bag to stop flapping in a gale, covering the netting and keeping
rain and wind out. Yes, there is that condensation, but it would have been
worse to have been either without shelter, or blowing across the field in a
poorly staked out free standing tent.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA