Re: [at-l] GSMNP Proposed Itenerary redux

JoelShiver@aol.com wrote:

> Chompin' at the bit to see what I'm carrying.  Soon, soon.  Got a few things
> to get, yet.

Joel, Joel, Joel....ya missed the point!  You're s'pposed
to post here first so we can tell ya what to buy before you
make mistakes <g>

Speaking of gear,  I have it in  my head to do a  sols LD canoe
trip myself this sept and read your gear list with much interest.
I have on question (well actually I have a ton o'questions but
they can wait till you get back from hiking)  But for today,
I ask....how in the hell do you carry all that gear on portage??????
I'm groaning just thinking about trying to move my canoe by myself,
let alone my gear and I can't even imagine what your rig weighs.
Beware....you are spoiled ;*) by the laws of displacement!
I think you may be a prime candidate for backpack overpackitis
<VVVBG>
 In the meantime, you can go to