Re: [at-l] fuel & soda bottles

Where is a chemist when you need one?  The problem with Ethanol is that it
has additional water, hence you will only find 190 proof rather than 100%
(unless you really want to get into $ and rarities). Methanol is great
fuel, but has problems if accidentally ingested regarding poisoning.
Denatured alcohol is ethanol with additives that render it non-potable,
although not poisonous. It is much cheaper than grain alcohol as it is
nonpotable and does not require severe federal taxation. But I don't
currently remember which has a higher temperature when burned. (I suspect
the Ethanol).

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA