Re: [at-l] Southern Vermont

gary_ticknor@fanniemae.com writes:

<< What am I getting myself into? >>
A lot of great days on the trail

<< Does one wear the headnet?>>
Keep it handy so you don't have to stop and search for it in the bottom of
your pack

<<Or just sleep with it?>>
Unless you set up your tent

 <<Wear it while hiking, at just at breaks?>>
Yah might need it while hiking and at breaks.  Pray for a good strong breeze
or rain  :-), they don't attack during rainstorms.

<< I hear DEET doesn't much work.>>
Not on the blackflies, but on skeeters it's great.  I use 100% too.

<< On the radio this morning I heard Avon Skin-so-soft advertised as Avon
 Skin-so-Soft Bug Plus.>>
Again, effective against skeeters.  Yah, Avon is just cashing in on the West
Nile Virus.

<<Any good advice on what kind of headnet to get?>>
I made mine, but I like the ring on the OR headnet.

<<Color of netting?>>
The darker the better the visibility

<<Do they weigh much?>>
No, just an ounce or two.