Re: [at-l] Firelog cubes as Esbit fuel

At 01:48 PM 6/12/00 -0400, Disc n Dog wrote:
>2) The firelog cubes soot up my pots REAL bad and this makes a unpleasant
mess.
>Any tricks to reduce the sooting or mess?

The soot is due to imcomplete combustion.  Solution is simple.  You need to
use a little Liquid Oxygen (LO2) to help speed things along.  L02 and
charcoal is the time-honored formula but should work nicely with your
little firelog gimmick, too.  Best is to purchase L02 prepackaged in
capsule form, to lessen chances of , well, loss of purity.  Experiment to
find the best ratio, or size, of L02 capsule to use with each fuel cube.
And, oh, let us know if any of your equipment survives...
The Wizard!  A Querulous Icon of Insidiousness