Re: [at-l] Firelog cubes as Esbit fuel

The color in the paper wrap and chemicals to color the flame may be toxic
if ingested. I've seen little fire starter sticks that look a lot like
these logs. I wonder if they would be as effective or safer. I would not
expect a very hot flame given the amount of paraffin in the log, hence the
amount of sooting. Given the amount of sooting, I doubt I would want to use
one in my fireplace.

I like your ingenuity.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA