[at-l] Word of the Day

Hey, remember me? The list seems to be a little dead these days. And, I
think I know why: You don't know what the word of the day is. Well, I
don't either. Give me a minute and I'll see if I can't come up with
something.

While I'm thinking, how 'bout if I tell you a little story? One that is
mostly fiction with a few little half-truths thrown in just to make you
wonder. One that, for the most part, really happened to someone,
somewhere, if not actually to me. One that, other than the lies,
implications, and fabrications, is, for the most part, true. One that
should be believed if you don't know it to be false and questioned if
you do. One that I haven't thought up yet, but will here directly.

Oh, yeah. Try this one:

While I was hiking down that farm road that leads through the open
meadow just south of Chestnut Knob shelter, I stopped at that skanky
pond to get some water. While I was filling my Pepsi Big Slam bottle, I
was surprised to see a little boy sitting in a lawn chair on the other
side of the pond. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye (which is
more or less oval and has no corner) so as to not frighten him. After
about 45 seconds, I looked right at him and gave him the standard
Midwestern 'head wave' and said "Hi, little man."
"I'm a kid" he said matter-of-factly.
"What are you doing there?" I continued.
"Where?"
"There, where you are?"
"I'm not there. I'm here" he explained. And, I was starting to agree
with him.
"Oh, what are you doing here, then?"
"Watchin' the turtles eat frogs."
"Why"
"Cause the plaster hit the dog."
"Did it now? The light didn't help?"
"No."
"Did you try?"
"Governor said not to. Said the trees all bent, not to try."
I finished filling my water bottle and headed back to the trail. About a
mile later, a little while after the trail entered the woods again, I
was passed by a dog with plaster in his hair.

So, the word of the day shall be:  Initial

Initially, in a shell, my initials were NSL.

Use any of the four versions. Use them wisely. Otherwise, you may use
this for your word of the day:

Sourdough.

Is a female gazelle a sow, or doe?

Well, my Pacers got a win tonight. can they get three more? Can they? I
think I'm gonna do some paper work. I recently bought the Louisville
Courier-Journal and I have my own route now.
--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98