[at-l] re:knees and books

Hi all,  Just wanted to let anyone who's interested know that I have had my
knee surgery(ACL repair and lots of other stuff that was discovered once it
was opened up)  Some of you all may remember that I was trying to decide
whether to have it at all back in March.  It's going to be a long haul with
the rehab and all but I'm confident I'll be back hiking in the fall.  At
least some easy hikes.  Then I'll  be really itching to resume my plans for
section hiking next year in the spring.  It's frustrating not to be out
walking at this time of year but now it really is getting quite hot in TN so
it's a little easier to be content on the couch., daydreaming.reading
e-mails and watching movies(all AT related of course :) ).  If anyone's
interested in details or wants to know anything about knees(I'm an expert
now) you can e-mail me privately.
Books:  I remember awhile ago there was a discussion about good Civil War
books that took place around the trail.  I just remembered a great one that
may not be too well known.  "The Coming of Rain" by Richard Marius.  Takes
place immediately after the war in the Southern Appalachians.  A wonderful
read!  Nancy (The Judge)