Re: [at-l] Hydration systems

I use both a nalgene bottle (food grade) with a straw and hose attachment
that MSR makes.  The bottle is in my Wet Rib on my Dana JetPack.  INSIDE my
pack, I have a Cantene that I ususally only fill in camp AND a small
platypus that I usually carry water in as my 'backup' -- it's the one with
Mountain Crossings insignia/advertisement on it -- litre?.

I've been told that you can put boiling water in a platypus for use in
sleeping bag warming, but being a skeptic, I prefer to use the nalgene
(right, POG?  lol, IF I remember to think about it with my frozen brain
cells).

AND since I'm using an MSR water filter because I like it better for my
needs, I like being able to attach the Nalgene directly to the MSR filter.

I've HEARD and this is hearsay only, that the Camelback can breed nasties
easier than the Platypus -- anyone have any input on that?

Platypus can be found almost anywhere and some of the other brands are not
as readily available, if you have to replace it.  And you will evenually.
ANYone know the "life expectancy" of a platypus?

Thanks, Coosa