RE: [at-l] Re: Hydration systems

My advice, stick with Nalgene bottles. I have never had one leak in 25 years
of backpacking! (well, except for the time I used a couple as a wind screen
for my Sevea and melted a hole through the side).

Besides, needing to get to your water gives you a GREAT excuse to take your
pack off now and then. OR -- If you hike with friends, it is very easy for
them to get your bottle out for you, then you share your water with them
(thus decreasing your weight). When you finally run out, they still owe you
some of the water that they are still carrying. This last ploy works best
with relative newcomers to backpacking :-).