Trip Report 3 - Week 1, cont.

CHALULU/PUEBLO, MEXICO

Okay, okay, I´ll admit it: I spent Thursday night partying at
Club Med with the most gorgeous man on the planet. Eric is French,
and he speaks Spanish and English and who cares what else. During
the evening, I also had an informal job interview--don´t ask--during
which I was posed a question I haven´t heard in a long time.
"Are you sure you´re old enough to do this job?" Ha! I should
have also offered up my weight and inseam. When I finally got
"home," my Mexican family conducted a sobriety test at my bedroom
door. I passed, in spite of muchas margaritas.

The bedroom door, BTW, lacks a doorknob, as does almost every
door in the house. They gave me a canvas briefcase loaded with
bricks to hold the door closed. The problem is they have an inquisitive
two-year-old, and I´m also required to keep the door shut when
I´m *out* of the room. I´ve developed a contortionist technique
that will come in handy if I ever decide to join the circus.

I´m still searching for new ways to eat the chocolate mole sauce.
Last night I went to Eric´s French restaurant. It specializes
in crepes, or "crepas" here. The funny Frenchman was shocked
when I asked for a "crepa con mole." In retaliation, I think,
I was served a Nutella crepe that was garnished with a silly
fruit face. Then he ordered me a tequila flambe crepe for dessert.
After we finished eating, he told me that Dominoes Pizza has
a mole pizza. Hmmm...maybe before I leave...

Now it´s back to the converted monastery for a weekend of archeological
sites, volcanoes, museums, dinner at a trout farm--and laundry.
Monday we´ll be off for an intense week in Mexico City.

I´ve been sleeping under stars for a week, and now I have a new
pair of star earrings as a momento of this wonderful place. Did
I mention that this is a very kissy country?...

Give Me Chocolate

-----

multipart/mixed
---