[at-l] Update from Cheerio

Hey All,

Just a quicky update, I knoe its been a while!  I'm actuelly in VA now.  3
states fully completed and the longest one to go.  I'm @ Mt Rogers,
Partnership shelter.  For trail folks, they are salivating already... I'll
try to explain to non-AT'ers...

For one thing, the shelter is near the visitors center.  This allows for some
pretty great stuff.  Like the fact that I'm writing this while waiting for my
pizza and salad delivery!  Delivery of FOOD right to the shelter area is a
major motivator for folksto hike on and get to this place.  It is a huge
gorgeous new log cabin looking shelter with a big loft area, a deep sink out
back for washing stuff and a warm water SHOWER!!  Thats right folks, a
shelter with a shower... plus a great little vault toilet, the visitor ctr a
short walk away with soda machine and pay phone plus water we dont have to
treat that comes out a spigot.  This is high living for hikers!

Been with an awesome group of people lately, but had to leave them behind to
meet my first trail visitors this weekend when Marion & Mark visit and hike
for Saturday & Sunday.  I hope everyone catches us by Sunday or maybe Monday.
 I miss them all already.  Think I may have finally found the crew that I
want to hike with for the rest of the time.  We have a lot of fun an ages
range from Monk @ 18, to Silver Bear & Tappy in early 60's.

Gotta send this before food arrives... will do some catch up emails on whts
been happening... dont think I have updated you all since around the
Smokies???  ah well, its been a lot of fun!

Paula
Cheerio  GA-ME 2000