Re: [at-l] Trip Report: Georgia-snake

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 17:23:17 -0400 "W F Thorneloe, MD" <thornel@attglobal.net> wrote:
>Of far more concern is the hoop snake, which is well known to attack and
>chase hikers and other prey down the trail. If you ever see one, try to
>stay on the uphill side of it before it starts rolling.
>
>OrangeBug
>Atlanta, GA

Don't forget the dreaded sandpounders, the ones that run in pairs, or the Japanese snow snake.....both to be feared.
The sandpounders work in pairs. One grabs you and then the other one pounds sand up your butt.
The snow snake is white and very hard to see in snow. When you walk by it quickly slithers up your leg, in through your butt and freezes you from the inside out.
It's true. My Drill Instructor told me about both of them and he would never lie to me...............

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001