[at-l] Quick post - trail report to follow

Hi,
I am safe and warm and dry at my brother's in Roanoke for a few days. Hiked
most of the section between Pearisburg and 42 - logistics forced a shortening
of the planned route.

A synopsis:
Saw a ton of thruhikers (some I already knew, some I had heard about and some
who were brand new!) Did meet a few lurking listers, which was fun (they
promised they would de-lurk when they got home this fall)
The weather was cold, wet and miserable with record low temps (remember, I
had my fleece bag - brrrr)
And the hike couldn't have been more fantastic!

I am tempted to just get on 42 and head north Saturday morning!  In the
meantime, I have gear to repair, laundry to launder and general chores to
accomplish. Will write the details later this week.

POG