Re: [at-l] Trip Report: Georgia-snake

>Now Coosa had warned me about a big rattlesnake that liked to sun
>himself near the top of Tray. "He lives under a big rock at the side of
>the trail. He will be in the grass where the trail gets narrow and
>there's no way around him. Don't worry, just repeat three times 'Coosa
>says begone' and he'll move", Fine. So here I am, going up the last 600
>feet of Tray, looking at every rock bigger than a softball, panting:
>Coosa - says - begone - pant, for a half mile. The snake probably was
>ROTFLHAO, cause I never saw him. Coosa, please stop telling hikers that

WAIT a minute here, he lives at the top of KELLY KNOB behind a tuft of grass
right near the top and you prolly walked right past him, because your memory
needs gingko and ginseng.  And if you ever saw this monstrous brute you'd be
glad you knew the Magic Words!

He or she is over 5 1/2 feet long and I even have a picture of him or her as
the case may be.

Coosa
who doesn't play around with rattlers attached to long slithering things