[at-l] Trip Report

Trip Report

June 5, 2000
Started hike at Hunters run road in Pa. Hiked south to Tagg Run
Shelter. Spent a lovely night at Tagg Run in the new shelter that I
maintain. Met numerous hikes that also spent the night. Don't remember
all their names, as I did not take a journal. But the one I remember
is; Fly Bait. We stayed up rather late for hikers talking and
discussing the trail.
Reminders to self take journal along on next hike. Had a great dinner
of ham and rice with dried tomatoes. Slept like a baby. Rainstorm blew
in during the night with intermittent heavy rain.

June 6, 2000
Woke this morning to rain. Decided to not hike today seeing as I only
have until tomorrow. Spent the whole day watching the rain and the
mother bird fly in and out of the shelter. Had a wonderful day just
relaxing and reading. I so love the mountains. In the evening another
hiker arrived. I had been told about him last night by Fly bait. This
fellow has a terrible case of poison ivy. Hence his trail name Magnum
PI (Big Poison Ivy). We did not stay up to late today. He did not want
to get the ooze from his poison ivy all over the inside of his
sleeping bag so he changed into long pants to sleep. He had all brand
new gear I was impressed with all the new gear. One item in
particular, was a lantern called a Krill. It is small and runs on 2 AA
batteries. The whole thing lights up. He told me he got it online from
Mountain Zone. Com. He also had a MSR Dragon fly stove, which I have
been considering buying for some time. I asked him many questions
about his stove. And am rather impressed with it. Became rather windy
during the night. Had dinner of Chicken, Turkey and rice.

June 7,2000
Woke up to a beautiful morning. Rather sad as I have to come off the
trail this morning. Had breakfast of pop tarts and coffee. Packed
things up to be on my way. Found my bottle of Dr. Bonners soap had
leaked all over the inside of my possible bag. Also Magnum PI had his
sleeping bag zipper snag during the night. Neither of us could get it
undone. After I got home. Was extremely antsy had to get out of the
house for a bit. Went to the outfitters and bought more Dr. Bonners
and the MSR Dragonfly stove.

Bob
A bad day on the trail is still so much better than a great day at
work.

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all nonsolicited
commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.
By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it
is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by law.