Re: [at-l] Intro plus question

"Ferguson, J. Mark" wrote:

> Yippes...possible misunderstanding alert...  My suggestion for going south
> from Rte 33 is real.  My suggestion of hiking north from Tye is humor.   Tye
> River to top of Three Ridges is a 3000' climb, heck out from Tye River in
> either direction is a 3000' climb.  Not a good first hike/backpack trip at
> all.

You're right -- the aim this time is for me to find reasons
to return to the AT for enjoyment.  Thanks for the clarification!

I *have* survived a horrible, uphill, 21-mile walk, though
I spent multiple days recovering from it.   That trip report is at
<http://www.backcountry.net/arch/at/9806/msg00973.html>.

-Tom Williams