[at-l] Trip Report - Week #1 (so far)

Hey everyone, our absent-but-missed GMC has provided us with a trip report:

 Hi TM-

 Could you please post this to AT-L for me?

 Muchas gracias-
 Chocolate

 PUEBLA, MEXICO

 I fell in love, hard and fast, and now I'm being a kept woman.
 I spent my first night alone in a room in a converted monastery
 and woke up so in love with the architecture and geography that
 I can't possibly imagine leaving. The family that was supposed
 to host me for the rest of the week is vacationing in Cancun.
 They kindly left the key, the dog, a housekeeper to take care
 of me, and an 80-year-old grandfather to entertain me--in Spanish,
 of course. (Jack, the dog, seems to respond equally well to Spanish,
 English, French, or Flemish.)

 My room has padded walls--can't imagine what tipped tehm off
 ;-)--and I am sleeping in a canopy bed draped with lavendar netting
 and poufs. When I crawled in, I realized there were glow-in-the-dark
 stars glued to the underside of the canopy. I tried pretending
 I was sleeping on the trail, but all the giggling is cutting
 into my sleep schedule. If this keeps up, I may have to resort
 to napping when the stars aren't shining. I could really use
 Datto for a tutorial just now...

 Give Me Chocolate must have done something right once in her
 life to end up in the city that invented mole. Tough as it's
 been, I've managed to eat variations of the chicken-and chocolate-sauce
 concoction every day. Everyone is already calling me the Spanish
 version of my trail name, Deme Chocolate. Let's hope I don't
 have to change it to Deme Pepto Bismol.

 Chocolate