Re: [at-l] Can you identify this odor?

Gutsy writes:
<<  When I was hiking in North Carolina I smelled something that smelled like
souring apples. I didn't see any plants that were flowering nearby.   This
weekend at Table Rock I smelled the same thing.  >>
 I love puzzles! Hmmmmmm... Outdoor Stills operate in the Fall, after the
apple crop, so 'shine can be ruled out. Could it have been air pollution?
Paper mills smell awful!
 I'd say you were smelling what you thought you were- Apples. Probably
discarded cores or peelings from someone's lunch.
(or mebbe it's time to wash your pack!) :O)
TJ