Re: [at-l] photon light

Both REI and EMS now carry Photon lights.  Around here (Boston area), EMS
carries red and yellow and REI carries (I think) blue and white.  (If anyone
in the Boston area is interested, Hilton's Tent City had a wider variety but
also charges more.)

I finally made the switch a month or so ago and have been very happy with
mine though I've been out for a total of only three nights since then.  I
bought one yellow (my primary light while backpacking) and one red (as a
backup while hiking, for my keychain, and for stargazing).

This now begs the question...

Would anyone like to buy a used Petzl Micro?  I think it's on only it's
second (maybe third) set of batteries even though it was carried from
Georgia to Maine.  :-)))

I'm keeping my other light for winter hiking when I need the power and
reliability of a D cell lithium battery.  Somehow I don't think the photon
watch battery would stand up too well in sub-zero temps.

Hmm, if I'm wrong, I've got two headlamps for sale...  :-)

Mara
Stitches, GAME99