[at-l] Quick Trip Rpt (non-AT) & Gear Review

I just returned from 5-days in the Boundary Waters Area of
Minnesota/Ontario.  It was a wonderful trip and I would recommend it for any
Lister.  The weather is virtually perfect this time of year.   Not much to
report now, I kept notes about the trip on my Palm, and I have not yet
brought them in to my PC to share yet....... I plan to if it is not
considered too off topic.

During the trip, we tried out a new tent: the Marmont Nutshell.   I did not
purchase it, but my friend did as he had heard gear reviews that it was a
good free-standing tent that had good ventilation and was rain/storm
resistant (personally, I refuse to continue to spread the lie that tents are
"water-proof").

The fly required staking in order to keep it from sagging from a heavy dew.
Our next experience with heavy rain was much better as we had it staked our
rain-fly  along the bottom, as opposed to snapping it  into base of the
tent.

Ventilation was marginal as one morning we had as much moisture inside as we
did outside.

The bottom line for the tent..... he was considering returning it for
another one.  I don't know if he would have any luck.

David