[at-l] National Parks Danger Index

Hi, Not specifically AT related, but interesting....

Saw on one of those news programs this morning (NBC?) a discussion of how people endanger themselves, others and wildlife at our various Nat'l. Parks.

Apparently there is an article in the Wall St. Journal today providing an overview (Danger Index) of all our Nat'l. Parks, along with a discussion of safety issues for the public.  I was really impressed that the woman being interviewed (sorry did not hear who she was) included a discussion of how folks, in addition to endangering lives and property, often ruin the "wilderness"  experience for others through their actions. (She talked a bit about drug and alcohol use in the Parks, as well.)

Wildbill, got a link for this WallStreet article to share?  -- or is it in the web address for newspapers that I sent earlier this week?  (I'm not at home, so don't have access right now.)

Trailmixup