Re: [at-l] Identify bug bite?

I wouldn't suggest you plan on cyber identification for bites. I would
expect that the triangular portion is red and heads up your extremity
(downstream along the lymphatic system), and that the dot is the actual
penetration site. Make sure the dot is not a deer tick.

Next, what sort of bug deterrent did you use? DEET is becoming politically
safe again, and clothing sprays with permetherines (I know the spelling is
wrong) is highly recommended. Avoid sunscreen unless you use combination
screen and DEET products (the sunscreen reduces efficacy of deterrents).
There was a good demonstration of these on the TODAY show Saturday AM,
educating New Yorkers on how to avoid mosquito bites (there is a tie into a
prior thread on Nile River viral encephalitis). Clothing colors and such
are also important.

Prevention is the key (as usual). Lyme disease is probably not as big a
risk to you as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. The preventions that are well
proven remain  tick removal, bug deterrents, and clothing choices.
Immunizations still carry risks and expense that do not remove the need for
the old tried and true.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA