Re: [at-l] outhouse pic

Tom Fort <tjfort@netdoor.com> wrote:

>> Not a unique design, at all. There are a lot of privy's south of VA are like
>> this.
>
> Doesn't this bother anyone here besides me?  Is privacy an issue?
> especially while sitting.

Privacy? On a thru-hike?  Nope.

There was a privy early on that was next to the oldest shelter on the trail.
It was a short walk to the privy, which - like most in PA - was totally open
air. The approach trail was clearly in view less than 100 yards away on the
right. Later in the year it would have been sheltered by leaves, but in
March/April, it was wide open.

PA privies were mostly sheltered by trees and mostly open-air designs with
no building at all.

Worked fine.

-p

--