Re: [at-l] Tuckerize me pleeeze!

At 10:37 PM 5/23/2000, KarenS62@aol.com wrote:
>Thermarest Ultralite 3/4 w/sack 18oz

Ridgerest full length 14 oz, but I can get with your idea if you also carry
the repair kit.

>Eureka Gossamer         48oz

Consider a Silnylon Tarp or Nomad at under 32 oz.

>1 pr.Thorlo hikers             3oz
>1 pr. Wigwam liners            2oz

get some good socks and toss the liners. (REI had Smartwools seconds on
sale last week)

>First aid/emergency kit (Ibuprofen, immodium, blister stuff, blanket,
>whistle, lighter,bearbag rope)         12oz
>Personal stuff (TP, baby wipes, ponytail holder)    12oz

What is _really_ in these for 1.5 pounds? Come on, these are probably the
most vital items in your pack. What do you carry as another somewhat
educated medical type person? Duct tape? Gatorade powder? <g>

>Journal,maps, etc   14oz

Have you started to photocopy and put several pages on one sheet?

OrangeBug