[at-l] Cheerio @ Trail Days

This just in from Cheerio. I was quite glad to hook up with her at Trail Days
and was the happy recipient of reverse trail magic-- freshly grilled steak
and cold beer FROM thru-hikers! She's looking good AND happy...!!! -- Cheers,
Navigator

CHEERIO sez:
Just a quicky location update.  This last weekend was the Damascus VA Trail
Daze festival and I shuttled up to participate.  It was awesome.  Loved
seeing all my trail friends from earlier in the hike, especially the crew
that named me!  All the AT-L'ers were awesome and I loved seeing you all and
spending some time visiting, wish there had been more time for quality talk.
I spent a lot of time in the boot booth getting my feet evaluated and custom
insoles & mods to my boots.  once again, i need new boots!   Because of this,
I missed the Ruck presentation & the listers photo and almost missed the
parade, walked up the route until I found it and just jumped in where I saw a
somewhat familiar face.  Good water fight!

Got shuttled back early on Sunday and went out that day to do the 8 miles
from Indian Grave gap back to the Hostel in Erwin.  Today I walked the 11'ish
miles to Iron Gap and set out tm a fully equiped hiker once more.  Although
I'm not sure you could call it slackpacking since I had my pack, just not my
tent, sleeping bag and full food bag... I'm not willing to go out without my
filter and other stuff, and needed the pack to carry it all!  So, I'm
physically in Erwin, but hike wise I'm at Iron Gap and climbing Roan Mountain
tm, hope to stay @ Overmountain shelter & be @ Dennis Cove in a few days.

Pog - forgot to tell you that the chili with rice was AWESOME, I ate the
whole thing myself... could you send my mom the recipe?!  I want more!  YUM.

AT-L ers, I miss you all already!

Cheerio  GA-ME 2000