Re: [at-l] filtering vs polar pure

-----Original Message-----

>Our plan for my trip to the AT next year has included a water filter I just
>recently bought. Some of the folks hiking with me are sticking just to
>"Polar Pure" bottles. Comments?

Hector, you'll get 40 different answers, from Doc sonso says that short term
use of iodine is okay, to how about the SWA inline filter, etc.  If you have
or your your family has a history of any of the diseases with make you
'uneasy' about using iodine or chlorine to 'purify' your water, I'd say, go
with the water filter.

Use what you feel comfortable with -- I have Fibromyalgia and take a lot of
supplements --- I don't have a clue as to how iodine or any other chemical
would react to the Fibro or to the supplements, but I'm sure there is a
chemical reaction and it might make my Fibro worse.  I prefer to use my 16
ounces of MSR filter and not take any chances with intermingling chemicals.

IMHO, Coosa, lol