Re: [at-l] Indy Mini -- one last HHH Report...

--- CrzyPlum@aol.com wrote:
> Mr. Toe,
> I got a very big smile :-))<snippage of chuckling at low mileage and lofty
aspirations.....>
> I find your running distance races on a base of 15 mpw intriguing and bold.
### The usual word to describe runners using this regimen is "injured." Real
dangerous playing the short miles game, though there's an article on it in
this month's Runner's World. Short story is "Maintain Quality" -- which is to
say speed/stress. Just so happens that that's the cue for older runners, too.
How convenient. (!)

> You might find it worthwhile to try something for a couple of races.
> Concentrate very hard on starting quite slow and running a positive split.
> Make the first mile training pace or slower. I think you might like the
> result.
### I know you meant "negative split" -- and yes, I've joined the Church of
Negativity, though... putting it to good work requires more
pacing-with-adrenalin knowledge than I have at present. I was way off last
Saturday, thinking I was doing a desired 6:45 and getting 6:25; 150 yards
off?

> Don't know if I'll read any more of your running stories....brings back the
> desire to get at it again a little too strongly.
### Then don't see Without Limits. Don't. Don't see it. It sucks. Don't see
it.

> Anyway, thanks for the smile.
> think I'll
> JUSTAKAHIKE
> Plum'Crazy

Thanks for your kind comments,

=====
Sloetoe

   "Once in a while, you get shown the light --
    in the strangest of places, if you look at it right."