Re: [at-l] Hiking Poles

I've noticed that poles can be a distraction when walking fairly easy
ground. When uphills or downhill need balancing or weight assistance, poles
are great. Yet when simply walking non-challenging terrain, planting the
pole takes a bit more time and effort. The obvious thing is to simply lash
the poles to your pack or simply carry them. I use Lekis and have used the
REI cheaper poles. I doubt there is a real significant difference, other
than service and repair.

My $.02

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA