Re: [at-l] hiking poles

I used Leki Super Makalu's on my thruhike and haven't gone hiking without
them since.  They really helped relieve the pressure on my knees.  I also
liked the spring action... I guess it's just personal preference.  I'd
recommend Leki's over others simply because of the service.  Whenever
anyone had any problems on the trail in '98, Leki was always there to help
them out, and send new parts free.  AND if you have poles that you just
want 'tuned up' (did you know you're supposed to tune those poles,
including lubing the springs every so many hundreds of miles?  I didn't.)
you can bring them to Trail Days and bring them to the Leki booth.  They
tune them up, grease them, replace any bent or broken sections, replace
worn down tips... all for FREE.  Can't beat that.  I had mine done during
my thruhike and again last year at TDaze.

Twilight