Re: [at-l] hiking poles

I know absolutely nothing about poles except the ones I have just recently
discovered are awesome.  Now - they are the Leki's, with the shock absorbers.
 Never having used anything else, I don't have an informed opinion.   I do,
of course, HAVE an opinion, uninformed though it is ;-)  They are wonderful,
and I'll never hike without them again.  (but next time I'm accidently rock
climbing, I'll leave them at home, because they were more trouble than help
then . . . )

Wonderful meaning, after one awesome hike, I realized that without them I
wouldn't have been half as happy as I was.  Can't explain it any better than
that (aside from my knees never bothered me for a change).  And I have no
clue as to whether the shock absorber thing made any difference, having never
used anything else.  Don't ya love this list?  No matter how uneducated, we
can still voice our opinion . . . ;-)

The Redhead