[at-l] Dogs

Catching up on the weekends digests, how did Monday morning get here so
fast?
Anyways, the whole subject just seems to call out to have a little humor
injected into it....
When I was out on the Long Trail in '97 I ran into "Losing Mass" and
"Tag-a-long", the latter being a stray that adopted him down in Virginia.
Now the dog was quite well behaved, and obviously loved hiking. A bunch of
us camped together at Clarendon Sh. Since nature called I was the first one
up in the morning, and Tag-A-Long came over for a "good morning nuzzle" and
almost rolled me out of the shelter <g>. Only about 40 lbs, but all hiking
sinew and muscle. I said something about it to Mass when he got up, and he
laughed and said that the way the dog hiked he was thinking about switching
to puppy chow himself - no need to cook, so he could unload all of that
gear, and he's have lots of energy too!

Skeeter